Creating New Import
In order to load data from the data source into the data target, the user must define data mapping between the target table and data source.
The simplest way to create an Import script is to use the import script wizard.
- Click System Menu→New→Import.
- Fill in the Description edit box with the name of an Import you are about to create.
- Follow wizard Instructions
Mapping Screen Overview
- Double click on any demo Import.
- Import editor will appear
Main tool bar
- Data Target options
- Loads Import Script From the file
- Saves Import Script to the file
- Saves as
- Saves Import to the Repository
- Refreshes fields list fro the database
- Checks Import for mapping errors
- Data preview
- Allows the user to clear field mapping
- Hides mapping panel
- Data Import
- Manage Versions
- Add Version
- Revert to the previous version
- Make import ReadOnly
- Data source options
- Refreshes Source data
- Adds new column
- Deletes last column
- Auto map the source fields to the target fields
- Records to Show
- Sources file name/ table name
Mapping panel provides the user with all information related to the mapping of one particular field.
There are two ways of mapping: direct and through calculations.
Alternately you may hide Mapping panel and use grid to perform the mapping. See the picture below
SQL statements can be run before and after data import.
- In order to Execute several SQL statements user must specify SQL delimiter
- SQL statements are run against target connection
- No select statements allowed
Import Log Tab
Rejected Records Tab
For more technologies supported by our ETL Software see Advanced ETL Processor Versions
Confused? Ask question on our ETL Forum
Last updated: September 17, 2022