This example demonstrates how to load data from files with different fields' order.
Question from the customer
A file is downloaded from a 3rd Party Reporting Portal. But for some reason, two reports came down with slightly different formats. The data is basically the same but for some reason, the report engine added a couple of extra columns into the middle of the report which comes down as a simple CSV file.
Basic data example
The proper way of dealing with these kinds of problems is to make sure that the source file format is always the same. Or use the checkbox shown below.
Add some dummy fields here if the problematic file has more fields than the original.
Note: warning in the log
To view the example follow the steps below
- Download and install Advanced ETL Processor [Link]
- Download and Unzip example[Link]
- Create a new transformation and open the .ats file
- Double click on the Reader object and amend the source file path
- Double click on the Writer object and amend the target file path
- Run the transformation by pressing the green arrow.
Please contact us if you need help with transforming the data
|Visit ETL Tools Forum|