This example demonstrates how to remove non-numeric characters from the numeric field
Source data example
To view the example follow the steps below
- Download and install Advanced ETL Processor [Link]
- Download and Unzip example[Link]
- Create a new transformation and open the .ats file
- Double click on the Reader object and amend the source file path
- Double click on the Writer object and amend the target file path
- Run the transformation by pressing the green arrow.
Characters can be removed using the "Delete Characters" transformation function or the "Keep characters" transformation function. The shorter the "Characters to Delete" string is the better is the performance. The same applies to the "Characters to Delete" string. This is only relevant to working with very large datasets. For small datasets, the difference is minor.
Delete Characters transformation function
Keep Characters transformation function
Please contact us if you need help with transforming the data
|Visit ETL Tools Forum|