This Example Demonstrates how to Download IP Locations data file and how to prepare it for range lookup
- Download and install Advanced ETL Processor [Link]
- Download and Unzip example [Link]
- Create a new directory and call it IP Locations
- Create a new transformation and open .ats file
- Create a new package and open .wfp file
Getting Refresh token
- Go to https://lite.ip2location.com/database/ip-country and register
- Note DOWNLOAD_TOKEN and DATABASE_CODE
- Double click on Set Variables package action and amend values of DOWNLOAD_TOKEN and DATABASE_CODE
- Double click on transformation and select 0002 IP Locator Transformation
- Run the package by pressing the green arrow.
Note: transformation is used to prepare data for the range lookup transformation function
IP2Location™ is a non-intrusive geo IP solution to help you to identify visitor's geographical location, i.e. country, region, city, latitude, longitude, ZIP code, time zone, connection speed, ISP and domain name, IDD country code, area code, weather station code and name, mobile carrier information, elevation & usage type<br>using a proprietary IP address lookup database and technology without invading the Internet user's privacy.
Please contact us if you need help with transforming the data
|Visit ETL Tools Forum|