Split RegEx Transformation Action

• Thank you received: 36

Split RegEx Transformation Action was created by bruce.gibbins

AETLP/E v6.3.7.17 x32 & x64

Hi. I believe that the Split RegEx Action item is now not working as expected. I have tried using an input format of my own as well as the simple sample one used in your wiki article.

This is the simple expression using your wiki example

I also have a more complex version looking for either a 6 digit formatted date or an 8 digit formatted date in a string (aka an email subject line) and it also fails in AETL but works in an online .net tester. In fact the expression was generated using RegExMagic. I use all of these tools to check and test my expressions that I plan to use in AETL.

The more complex sample has been built to extract the 6 or 8 digit variant.

None of these work at this point
kind regards
1 week 2 days ago #21085
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 141

Replied by Peter.Jonson on topic Split RegEx Transformation Action

It is using regular expression groups and not a split function

www.etl-tools.com/forum/advanced-etl-pro...c-support.html#13520

We will try to make both of them work together
Peter Jonson
Support Analist
The following user(s) said Thank You: bruce.gibbins
1 week 2 days ago #21087

Replied by bruce.gibbins on topic Split RegEx Transformation Action

Hi Peter.

Not sure if this helps and I may not have been super clear in my post so I have attached an ATS file as well.

and thanks for the link to the previous post

Ignoring the more complicated regex in my example. The simple one, based on the example in the Wiki also does not extract the groups. I have a literal input of 02-10-2012 and would expect 3 elements of 02 10 and 2012 but unless I am doing something fundamentally wrong or stupid (which is possible) I don't get any results at all.

cheers

File Attachment:

File Name: regex-test.ats
File Size:1 KB
1 week 1 day ago #21093
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 528

Replied by admin on topic Split RegEx Transformation Action

I think we have to create a separate split function for your case
Mike
1 week 1 day ago #21094

Replied by bruce.gibbins on topic Split RegEx Transformation Action

Thanks Mike.

Just for your reference. The example I am referring to is at this Link

Our use case is that in this case an inbound email was picked up that had a subject line that contains a date formatted as DD-MM-YYYY it could also be DD-MM-YY embedded within other text. For example, "Monthly report as of DD-MM-YYYY"

The date portion is not always at the end of the message and can change in size. Hence I crafted a Regular expression to find either date format with the idea being to extract the whole matching group out. So I would extract out DD-MM-YY or DD-MM-YYYY depending on what it found. The RegEx I used was in my previous post.

When this did not return any result, I wanted to check my work so I then used your simple split regex as per your wiki article and it also returned no results. Which I found odd.

Of course the best solution for us would be some type of simple action object that could find any date in a string based on a list of possible formats. The problem with this is if someone mixes up the formats and still has a valid date for example 01-02-1965 could be DD-MM or MM-DD. So we may get a date of DD-MM from one human source and the next day get MM-DD as the human source changed or mixed things up.

thanks for your time
cheers
1 week 17 hours ago #21096
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 528

Replied by admin on topic Split RegEx Transformation Action

Hi Bruce

Just letting you know that we added "Use groups" option to Split RegX transformation function.
We also changed the design so it is much easier to debug.

Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: bruce.gibbins
5 days 23 hours ago #21099
Attachments:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies