Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Package failures on unchanged imports. Field read is not the mapped field.

Package failures on unchanged imports. Field read is not the mapped field. 8 months 3 weeks ago #18556

• cstaley
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Recently I am experiencing some packages issues regarding Salesforce connections. The package when executed fails on an import that has not changed. The failure in every case is that the field being imported is not the mapped field. When I open the import it shows the correct mapped field and the import runs just fine. Then if I try to turn the package the import will fail.

To solve the issue I've had to delete the import from the package. Save the package. Then add the import back to the package and connect it accordingly and save the package. When it runs I don't get the error. This seems to resolve the problem. Then in a couple day the issue shows back up with a different package.

In the last five days I've had this issue occur with three imports in two different packages. All are imports connecting to Salesforce.

I've attached the most recent screen shots and log files. The packages in question have not had any changes to them nor has the mapped data in these fields changed.

I'm running Visual Importer Enterprise 9.2.2.6. Our production server is running 9.1.0.0. The issue is occurring on both machines.

I'm wondering if the issue could be with our repository. Not sure how to tell or fix it if that is the case. Our repository is running on an MSSQL server.

Let me know if you have any ideas regarding how I can keep this from popping up.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Package failures on unchanged imports. Field read is not the mapped field. 8 months 3 weeks ago #18564

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
  • Thank you received: 409
Hi

We need to be able to reproduce the issue in the office somehow.
Do you have salesforce sandbox we can connect to?
Mike

Package failures on unchanged imports. Field read is not the mapped field. 8 months 3 weeks ago #18573

• cstaley
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Good luck duplicating the problem. I don't know how to do it. It just happens sometimes. I have only seen it occur with our Salesforce packages. Its like the repository mapping reference for the package doesn't seem to read the same as the repository reference for the import.

You can sign up for a free Salesforce developer org using this link. developer.salesforce.com/signup I'd prefer you do this to try and replicate the issue vs. using our Sandbox.

Package failures on unchanged imports. Field read is not the mapped field. 8 months 3 weeks ago #18574

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
Hello.

I had a chat with developers about the issue you are having.

Since you are pulling data from salesforce perhaps it is returning data in different order.?

EG today it is select field1,field2 and tomorrow it is select field2,field1?

We can create a special build for you which will dump JSON received from salesforce into text files than when it fails you will be able to see the actual data.
Mike

Package failures on unchanged imports. Field read is not the mapped field. 8 months 3 weeks ago #18575

• cstaley
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
What you are suggesting seems to be accurate. Here is an example of what I've seen occur twice last week and once this week.

Import data mapping Salesforce (SF) is the source. SQL is the destination.
SF field 1 mapped to SQL field 1
SF field 2 mapped to SQL field 2
SF field 3 mapped to SQL field 3
SF field 4 mapped to SQL field 4
SF field 5 mapped to SQL field 5

This import always runs fine. It's only when the import runs from within the package I see misalignment of the mapping in the error log . Here is an example of incorrect mapping displayed in the error log. When I open the import everything looks fine.
SF field 1 mapped to SQL field 1
SF field 2 mapped to SQL field 2
SF field 3 mapped to SQL field 4
SF field 4 mapped to SQL field 5
SF field 5 mapped to SQL field 5

I most likely wouldn't be allowed to get a special build put into production right now since this has been very intermittent. However, if you did create a build for me I could use it once I see a failure.

Package failures on unchanged imports. Field read is not the mapped field. 8 months 2 weeks ago #18601

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
Hello

I am trying to reproduce the problem you are having, (Without any luck, unfortunately).

I have a suggestion.
What if you change the execution order?
eg execute SourceForce.Pull_Products first

Will it continue failing
Mike

• Page:

We have 249 guests and 2 members online