AETL Documentation Tab

• Thank you received: 48

AETL Documentation Tab was created by bruce.gibbins

Hi.

I know that most of the AETL objects have a comment section but I am of the opinion that it could either be extended or perhaps a new element added that allowed us to store more verbose info and possibly have it styled in some type of MarkDown format.

The use case is to allow an ETL author to create a high-level document that is part of the Package or Transformation that can be used to document the flow, dependencies and perhaps planned corrections or improvements. Not really a change log but it could be used for that as well.

In our case, we have some elements of some of our transformations and packages that we might like to consider refactoring later. We could put this stuff in the comment tab of the properties but it isn't as obvious. I tend to use Notes within the package or the Transformation and the colour these to indicate their purpose (Yellow=Green= Comment, Something that needs to be fixed. Then over time delete the notes.

But I thought that having a fixed TAB/Pane that was optional would be a nice feature. I realise that a TinyMCE thing is available in various parts of the product but I thought more of a light weight text area that could be used to store MarkDown styled text which could be rendered if needed for more styled viewing or printing. But could still just offer simple text based content if the MD is not needed.

cheers
1 year 1 week ago #21002

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by bruce.gibbins on topic AETL Documentation Tab

Hi. Just to give some visual context to what my thoughts were I have included a mock up.
cheers

11 months 2 weeks ago #21068
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 567

Replied by admin on topic AETL Documentation Tab

Hi Bruce.

Good news, we have implemented your suggestion in the latest release.

Other changes are:

26/06/2021 - 6.3.7.23

+ Added: Ability to load variables from CSV file to Set Variable Package Action
+ Added: Ability to add Notes to Transformations, SQL Scripts, Import Scripts, Packages and Email templates
Mike
ETL Architect
The following user(s) said Thank You: bruce.gibbins
10 months 3 weeks ago #21168
Attachments:

Replied by bruce.gibbins on topic AETL Documentation Tab

Thank you for the great response and turn around on these.
10 months 3 weeks ago #21169

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies