Scheduled Package Run Once

• Thank you received: 29

Scheduled Package Run Once was created by bruce.gibbins

AETLE v6.3.7.11 x64

Hi,

I don't have a concrete solution for this. We often have a scenario where we need a scheduled package to run, check for the existence of a file (or set of files), perform the ETL. The file(s) don't exist then, the package is exited and the scheduler then waits for its next scheduled start time (say 15 minutes later).

What would be good is if the scheduler could be told from with the package that there is no need to run this package again as it has been executed to conclusion today, go back to sleep until your wakeup time tomorrow. Then the process starts again, keep polling, if the files are there, then run the ETL else keep checking until they are. But once they have been processed don't bother running the package again as we now have the files we needed today.

I realise this is very specific and the monitors fill this need. But until recently we had to rely on Scheduled Packages to check remote FTP folders because the FTP monitor had some issues with SSH keys.

The solution would avoid the package firing in the first place if we know that the files we need have been delivered. If we need to reprocess for some reason , then some way of resetting the schedule would ne needed.

This is more of a 'wish list' item

cheers
2 weeks 2 days ago #20646

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 507

Replied by admin on topic Scheduled Package Run Once

This can be easily done by updating schedule table directly

UPDATE SCHEDULE SET START_AT=FUTURE_DATE_AND_TIME WHERE SCHEDULE_ID=12345
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: bruce.gibbins
2 weeks 2 days ago #20649

• Thank you received: 29

Replied by bruce.gibbins on topic Scheduled Package Run Once

Thanks Mike. I will take a look at that
2 weeks 2 days ago #20663

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies