IMAP4 Filtered Messages On Server

• Thank you received: 32

IMAP4 Filtered Messages On Server was created by bruce.gibbins

Hi.

We have a scenario where 2 SEPARATE email messages should come in during a 24 hour period, each with an attachment, each from the same sender, each with a similar but slightly different subject line and file attachment name.

In our case we need to process the attachments as a PAIR. That is, they can come in separately but they must be processed as a pair. There is a DATE in the Subject line that must be matched.

I am looking at alternative approaches and one was to not do anything until both messages appear. The challenge is that the could possibly come in a different order. But when both are present for the same DATE in the SUBJECT then we can gather them together and process them in downstream ETL.

I know I could have 2 Package IMAP4 Receivers and I could drop the attachments out. But the IMAP4 Receiver only has MOVE or DELETE Message. Hence, if the 2nd related email message is not present, I may either deleted the first message or MOVED it and now have extra logic to determine what happened and we also have unnecessary file attachments in the file system we either need to cleanup.

I have not thought this all the way through but perhaps allowing us to DO NOTHING if there is a message there and maybe also keep a count of the number of messages that actually match the criteria. We may be able to come up with some type of package actions and conditioning that only do something if the messages are both there.

Cheers
2 months 2 weeks ago #20583

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 135

Replied by Peter.Jonson on topic IMAP4 Filtered Messages On Server

We will have a look at this one for you.
Peter Jonson
Support Analist
The following user(s) said Thank You: bruce.gibbins
2 months 2 weeks ago #20587

• Thank you received: 512

Replied by admin on topic IMAP4 Filtered Messages On Server

Just letting you know that we added "Do nothing" option to Receive Email IMAP4 package action
We also added <Found Messages> variable

Although "Do nothing" looks like a small change it is a quite complex inside
(The messages must be processed in a certain order without skipping any of them).

Please let us know if you find any issues
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: bruce.gibbins
2 months 1 week ago #20614

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies