Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Alerts

Alerts 1 year 3 months ago #18134

May I suggest that a possible extension maybe to include some type of Admin Monitoring of Package execution such that an email is sent if any package execution results in a Failed Status even if the package itself does not have an email action.

This would

a) Reduce the need to have an eMail Action step in each package to manage failure alerts at a package level
b) Allow automated Helpdesks to raise tickets based on the receipt of an email generated by any fault occuring in any package
c) Provides a consistent alerting environment across the AETL ecosystem

Alternatively, I can use our PRTG instance to monitor the repository QUEUE_STATUS table and send out email alerts. BUT.... a new QUEUE entry is retained even if the package is rerun and thus the 'ERROR' state of the initial QUEUE entry is never acknowledged. Therefore, we would be continually alerted about old queue entries that are no-longer relevant.

We could of course delete it but that requires manual intervention and we would lose the history.

What would be a 'nice-to-have' is for an AETL administrator or someone with management console access to be able to ACKNOWLEDGE the error/failed state of the QUEUE entry. This could be an extra column in the table along with a possible reason code (to keep auditors happy). Or... it could be another STATUS State (eg. C=FINISHED, E=FAILED, A=ERROR ACKNOWLEDGED)

cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Alters 1 year 3 months ago #18161

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
  • Thank you received: 427
Thanks, Bruce.

we will have a look at it as well
Mike

Alters 1 year 3 months ago #18162

Thanks. Don't know what happened to the subject line. Probably my phone autocorrect.
Cheers

Alerts 1 year 3 months ago #18183

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
  • Thank you received: 427
Hi Bruce

As requested we have extended notifications functionality in the latest release

Now when enabled it will send emails on agent repository connection failures and on all package/transformation failures
Mike
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bruce.gibbins

• Page:

We have 172 guests and one member online