Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Global Variables,Database Connection, Server Name and Database List Refresh

Global Variables,Database Connection, Server Name and Database List Refresh 11 months 2 weeks ago #18017

Hi, I have read your wiki articles and knowledge base articles on using Global Variables and am using them myself. However, I would like to make a suggestion related to the Connection Properties Dialog Box. Please refer to the attached image

Step 1: Enter a Name

Step 2: Use the Global Variable in the Server Name field

Step 3: Click the Database Refresh button

Step 4: This is the error resulting from Step 3

I noticed that the "Test Connection" button returns 'connected'. But it doesn't refresh the list either. It would be good to have some consistency here in that if the ServrName has been replaced with the global variable that the database list can be refreshed.

I know that a variable can be used for the Database name as well and that works. But I did have an expectation that the database list would refresh once the servername had been resolved.

Thanks
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: clintonzxc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Global Variables,Database Connection, Server Name and Database List Refresh 11 months 2 weeks ago #18021

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
  • Thank you received: 409
Thank you for your feedback, we will check it and get back you
Mike

Global Variables,Database Connection, Server Name and Database List Refresh 2 months 1 day ago #19018

So, what's the outcome? Was it changed?

Global Variables,Database Connection, Server Name and Database List Refresh 2 months 1 day ago #19020

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
  • Thank you received: 409
It was corrected a long time ago.
Are you having some problems?
Mike

• Page:

We have 89 guests and 2 members online