Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Error connection to MySQL

Error connection to MySQL 5 months 6 days ago #19141

Hello,

I use Database Browser portable 5.3.2.8 and I have a problem to connect to a MySQL database.

I have put the name of the MySQL server in the field "Host Name" of the connection properties popup and the MySQL account information in the fields "User Name" and "Password".

When I click on the button "Test connection", I have an error message "#28000Acces denied for user 'xxx'@'yyyy' (using password: YES)" where "xxx" is the MySQL user name and "yyyy" is the name of my own machine.

It seems that the tool do not use the "Host Name" indicated in the connection parameters and use the local computer name instead ...

Could you help me ?

Thanks by advance.

Patrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Error connection to MySQL 5 months 6 days ago #19142

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
  • Thank you received: 427
There is nothing wrong with our software this is how MySql security works.

Create the user accounts. The following statements create user accounts named 'user1'@'203.0.113.11' and 'user1'@'203.0.113.12, where 203.0.113.11 and 203.0.113.12 are the IP addresses of the client hosts. The statements include security-related options for enabling authentication, defining SSL/TSL requirements, limiting server resource usage, and managing password expiration.

CREATE USER 'user1'@'203.0.113.11' IDENTIFIED WITH sha256_password BY 'password'
REQUIRE X509 WITH MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 3 PASSWORD EXPIRE DEFAULT;

I believe If you use % MySQL will allow the user to connect from any host.

CREATE USER 'user1'@'%' IDENTIFIED WITH sha256_password BY 'password'
REQUIRE X509 WITH MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 3 PASSWORD EXPIRE DEFAULT;
Mike

Error connection to MySQL 5 months 5 days ago #19147

Shame on me, you're right !

The problem was due to the definition of the user only for one client host: I changed the user's host for '%' and I can now connect from my computer.

Thanks a lot for your quick and very complete answer.

Patrick

• Page:

We have 162 guests and no members online