Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Data Warehousing and Data integration
  • Page:

TOPIC: Execution Agent Service Running - Not processing tasks

Execution Agent Service Running - Not processing tasks 11 months 3 weeks ago #18543

I have confirmed the service is running. And it was processing tasks. I have also stopped and restarted the Execution Agent to ensure it really is running. '
However, no tasks are being executed. They are appearing in the execution log, (being submitted), but not being picked up for processing.

Please see attached image.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Execution Agent Service Running - Not processing tasks 11 months 3 weeks ago #18544

Found this in the event logs:

The description for Event ID 1 from source AETLAGENT32 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

ETL Server - Execution Agent (32bit) - [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Execution Agent Service Running - Not processing tasks 11 months 3 weeks ago #18545

Okay, so this seems to be an issue where maybe I wasn't connected to the repository. However, everything was looking good... Really confused. But it is working now.

However, when I reconnected, I seem to have lost the transformation I have been working on for days. Any ideas on that issue? I pressed save in the transformation without issues, I literally lost days of work if this is really gone.

Thanks again.

Execution Agent Service Running - Not processing tasks 11 months 3 weeks ago #18546

If it was a server/network issue no much we can do I am afraid.

Agent automatically recovers from this kind of problems.
You should be to see the log file in the same folder where agent is located.

There is slight chance that your transformation is still in the repository.
Please provide us with repository backup an we will have a look at it for you.

I recommend doing regular repository backups and using integrated version control to avoid this kind of issues

• Page:

We have 262 guests and one member online