TOPIC: Getscript - data overflow error.

Getscript - data overflow error. 4 years 11 months ago #11535

• SelwynO
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
GetScript problem.

The data passed exceed the maximum allowed by our ActiveX handler. I do have an option to increase the buffer size. I tested it with 10k buffer, but the data received was still 4098. This could be a bug in my ActiveX component, of which I have no control over, or an ActiveX limitation, or a problem on your side.

There is a lot of default values, particularly in the mapping that consumes significant space. I am attempting to extract the mapping via GetScript. Then I would store it until required for its table, restoring it by use of the SetScript.

Is it possible to extract, using a method similar to GetScript, just the mapping and any specific transformations set by the AutoMap suite. Similarly there would also be a requirement similar to SetScript to set the mapping in the template from the mapping extracted. Assuming a maximum of a 100 fields this would allow 40-characters per field.

Here is an extract from the Template.

Field=[SYMRECTYPE]
Mapping=Mapped To
MappedTo=[SYMRECTYPE]
Calculated=
Format=
Default=
IfNull=Ignore
IfError=Set To Null
Key=False
Notes=

In most cases the mapping required would be -:

Field=[SYMRECTYPE].

If MappedTo is the same as the Field=[..] then the Field=[SYMRECTYPE] is all the data required (20-bytes) as we can assume the MappedTo field is the same as the Field=. This would be enough for +-200 fields - I have a maximum of 80-fields in any one table. Say we allowed for a 100-fields, this would leave 2000 bytes for those few fields that have more than the default data.

This issue is critical to the success of VimpX in the COBOL world.

Selwyn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:

We have 136 guests and one member online