SFTP Event monitor

• Thank you received: 32

SFTP Event monitor was created by bruce.gibbins

AETE v6.3.6.17 x64

Hi, I believe I may have found a slight glitch when using SSH Public/Private keys with the SFTP Event Monitor.

I built a package to collect some files from an external SFTP host using AETLP on my workstation. The SFTP Connection was setup using a Private Key and the host has the Public Key. The Test Connection worked and the package also worked.

I then went to our server, logged in as the Service Account that is running AETLE, opened AETLE Desktop and then went to create an Event Monitor for the package. I used the same Connection that the Package uses. It failed to connect as the key was missing.

Assuming that the Key is imported into a local user context, I imported the same private key again and tried to test the connection. It continued to fail.

I then went to the FTP Connection itself in the designer and tried the test Connection from there - it worked.

In summary, even when logged on as the service account, importing the key into the Connection the event monitor dialog fails to authenticate whereas the connection itself does authenticate.

Regards
Bruce
4 months 5 days ago #20447

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 512

Replied by admin on topic SFTP Event monitor

Thank you for letting us know about this issue.
We will have a look at it for you
Mike
4 months 5 days ago #20450

Replied by bruce.gibbins on topic SFTP Event monitor

AETE x64 v6.3.7.9 Windows Server 2012 R2

Hi. This is still an issue for us.

When configuring the FTP Monitor and using the Test Connection button, it reports that the connection was not successful. Yet, using the same connection in the Design Explorer and testing from there - it works.

I can confirm that the screens hots below were taken from our Server running AETLE whilst logged on as the same Domain Account that runs all of the AETL services.

The Private Key file has been imported into the same directory that AETLE runs from and the services have been stopped and started.

Needles to say that the monitor never detects any changes on the FTP Server side as I imagine it is not connecting. Manual execution of packages and manual testing of the connection are all successful.

Thanks

2 months 2 weeks ago #20590
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 135

Replied by Peter.Jonson on topic SFTP Event monitor

Sorry for the delay it is on our list of things to do
Peter Jonson
Support Analist
2 months 2 weeks ago #20591

• Thank you received: 135

Replied by Peter.Jonson on topic SFTP Event monitor

Hi Bruce.

Can you confirm that this dialogue is working

Peter Jonson
Support Analist
2 months 2 weeks ago #20594
Attachments:

Replied by bruce.gibbins on topic SFTP Event monitor

yes peter. That one works. But the one one for the FTP Monitor causes the error outlined in this thread.

Also, may I ask.... how does the Monitor Work? I assume it does a Directory List call or something similar and if that is the case then it probably takes a snapshot and compares between runs. But that would mean it may 'look' on some type of frequent schedule. Can you shed any light on how it does the monitoring so we can manage any server impact.

cheers
2 months 2 weeks ago #20597

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies