Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: IMAP4 SSL Issue

IMAP4 SSL Issue 1 week 5 days ago #19701

Hi,

AETLP x32 v6.3.4.9
AETLE x64 v6.3.4.9

Developed a Package to be called from the IMAP4 Monitor. The package and transformation work was done on a workstation and tested using AETLP. Last part was to hook it up to the server running AETLE with IMAP4 Monitor enabled

The Monitor itself works fine and sees the incoming messages. The linked Package then fires up and uses a IMAP4 Package Acion to read the same Mailbox and Folder.

The Package now appears to fail when negotiating the SSL handshake when the Package IMAP4 READ Action is executed. HOWEVER, the IMAP4 Connector TESTS OK and is able to connect

As mentioned - whole lot (minus Monitor) works on Workstation on same network as sever using the same MailBox and the same Package

I have also manually executed the Linked Package on the Serve fro the AETLE Designer on the Server and the whole things runs through to completion. I have also put a deliberate pause of 60 seconds into the Linked Package before it attempts to run the IMAP4 Package Action

Screenshots attached include the Package Logs
There is also a screen shot showing IMAP settings and that Test Connection is successful
I am not sure how to read the IMAP Responses in the Log but it doesn't show it fails but does show that it disconnected before reading any messages.
Both the server and the workstation are behind the same firewall and would present the same public IP to O365 and I imagine the same SSL and IMAP4 request content.

Would appreciate any thoughts you may have on why the server monitored trigger causes this but running the same process on the same server manually via the designer fails the SSL handshake.

Basic Flow is

Step 1: Triggered By IMAP4 Monitor, Pauses for 60 seconds and calls Processor Sub-Package
Step 2: Sub Package does some environment Initialisation, reads the mailbox and handles attachments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

IMAP4 SSL Issue 1 week 4 days ago #19702

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
  • Thank you received: 453
I assume it fails when you run package using the agent and it works when you are not using the agent.

Can you try running the package from the command line as described here?

www.etl-tools.com/wiki/aetle/execution_a...mmand_line_interface
Mike

IMAP4 SSL Issue 6 days 5 hours ago #19719

Yes, that is correct

It also runs successfully from aetlc.exe on the server under the same user credentials as the services run using an elevated command prompt.

Attachments:

IMAP4 SSL Issue 6 days 3 hours ago #19722

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
  • Thank you received: 453
We will do some digging.

Windows is full of wonderful surprises which are not really related to our software.
Mike

IMAP4 SSL Issue 1 day 7 hours ago #19734

Hi. I was wondering if you have had any luck with narrowing this down? We have a need to get something into production. Thanks

IMAP4 SSL Issue 1 day 2 hours ago #19735

We are still trying to reproduce the problem
Peter Jonson
Support Analist

• Page:

We have 329 guests and one member online