Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fixed Width File Not Fixed After Software Update - 600 Characters - New Length 10 months 10 hours ago #19467

• cchavez
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am having an issues with our fixed-width text files from the Writer starting today. The reader details and length/width are the same in both files. The same setup for the writer the fields and lengths are all the same. When I hit the green process button my fixed-width files are now not at 600 characters wide. The writer is cutting off the line at 265 and starts a new row.

I have about 100 of these same files and we just copy and paste them over as a template.

Now if I am open any of these files and save them they are not 600 characters wide. I haven't made any changes to these files it is almost like the software updated and now it isn't writing to the right field and length. I was just updating an export and noticed the file lengths are wrong. I thought the wrap was on the text editor but it isn't wrapping.

Any ideas of the writer on fixed-width files could have been affected by a change?

Any help on troubleshooting would be huge as I can't process my files and I am dead in the water with the format being cut off.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fixed Width File Not Fixed After Software Update - 600 Characters - New Length 10 months 2 hours ago #19468

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
  • Thank you received: 475
Please email us

Example of the source file
Transformation.
Correctly transformed file
Incorrectly transformed file

Thank you
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: cchavez

Fixed Width File Not Fixed After Software Update - 600 Characters - New Length 9 months 4 weeks ago #19469

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
We have spent so time trying to reproduce the problem using both 32bit and 64-bit version.
It works as expected.
Mike
Attachments:

Fixed Width File Not Fixed After Software Update - 600 Characters - New Length 9 months 4 weeks ago #19470

• cchavez
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks, I will email over the details. It is really weird.

Fixed Width File Not Fixed After Software Update - 600 Characters - New Length 9 months 4 weeks ago #19471

• cchavez
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I sent over the information to info and support@

Fixed Width File Not Fixed After Software Update - 600 Characters - New Length 9 months 4 weeks ago #19477

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
Hi
I run your transformation and writer generated the following errors

Error 11/10/2019 20:04:00 1 Writer: {SELLMAN} Field Policy or Certificate Number (STRING) is not mapped to anything
Error 11/10/2019 20:04:00 1 Writer: {SELLMAN} Field Premium Change Effective Date (STRING) is not mapped to anything

This is because the filed names have spaces at the end

You can delete them manually or you can use Format fileds dialogue
Mike
Attachments:

• Page:

We have 185 guests and 2 members online