Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

HL7 to TDE - POC (Proof Of Concept) 1 year 3 months ago #19117

Hi

We want to do a POC to show that Advance ETL Processor can be used to do this transformation but I am finding limited information (demos/articles) about this. I downloaded the Ent 64/32 trial version, but I am unable to create new transformations inside the Designer. Could someone point out to me that this works and/or point me to the knowledge articles please?

I can give my email/phone if needed so i could be contacted. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

HL7 to TDE - POC (Proof Of Concept) 1 year 3 months ago #19118

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
  • Thank you received: 474
Hello

When you install the software it opens a videous page which has all the information you need to get started.
www.etl-tools.com/table/advanced-etl-processor/tutorials/

Plus we have a wiki
www.etl-tools.com/wiki/aetle/start

Unfortunately, you have not posted any screenshots so it is incredibly difficult to assist you.
Mike

HL7 to TDE - POC (Proof Of Concept) 1 year 3 months ago #19120

After a lot of research on your site and forums I was able to create a TCP/IP Connection and set it to HL7. I took a sample message which was in one of your posting. I created a repository, created a transformation and set up a reader to that connection. What I am unsure now is, I have the HL7 file in my folder and I dont know how to make that TCP/IP connection to look into that. I understand it is a HTTP monitor only so probably wont work for local file system, right?

In one of the posting it says that if it is that I have to read from a local file system, then I have to set it, but there is no where there is wiki which shows how to do that? I attached some screenshots showing how I have configured TCP/IP but if you could tell me how to configure reader to a local file system so i can point to a directory to read HL7 messages, that would be great.

Also, does the messages need to be with a specific extension or can they be .txt extension? I need to do this POC soon so I can show that the ETL processor is the best solution for reading HL7 and converting to TDE (Tableau Desktop Extract) or Hyper, so any help with this is appreciated. Also...I have few questions around licensing too but if my POC is successful, we'll get to that.
Attachments:

HL7 to TDE - POC (Proof Of Concept) 1 year 3 months ago #19121

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
When connection type set to HL7 AETL listens to specified TCP/IP port and processes HL7 messages.
So basically our software acts as HL7 client.
HL7 message is a text string with different parts separated by different delimiters.
Since you are saying that HL7 message is stored in the text file you need a different approach.
Set source type to file system and specify a mask to find files and check "Read file content"
HL7 is complex format so it might take a while to get it right.
It is better to start from creating text files once everything working as expected switch to TDE/Hyper

We are happy to help you with transformation but you would need to be very specific about your requires.

EG here is how my file looks like here what I want to create.
Please provide the actual files and not the screenshots.
Mike

HL7 to TDE - POC (Proof Of Concept) 1 year 3 months ago #19123

How do I specify File System for HL7 messages? I created a connection under Directories but i am unable to tie it to HL7 reader because as soon as change it to Text, the HL7 disappears and puts Text as tab in the properties. If I set to HL7, only option is TCP/IP.

Is it possible to get on a call and help me with this? Also, how can I share private/confidential information? Please let me know. I also attached the sample files i am using.

Finally, to answer your question, the requirement is:
We have HL7 messages flowing in and stored in a drive. Based on identified parameters (say SSN, first name, last name etc.), splunk goes to this directory and searches this directory and gets all the messages based on the parameters. This whole messages are then exported and AETL needs to convert these to TDE so we can show do reporting/visualization in Tableau. I do envision this growing to lot more reporting than I stated but for now, this is the basic requirement. Thanks.
Attachments:

HL7 to TDE - POC (Proof Of Concept) 1 year 3 months ago #19124

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
1. How do I specify File System for HL7 messages? I created a connection under Directories but i am unable to tie it to HL7 reader because as soon as change it to Text, the HL7 disappears and puts Text as tab in the properties. If I set to HL7, only option is TCP/IP.

I have created a working example for you. see the screenshots and zipped transformation.
2. Is it possible to get on a call and help me with this?
We do not provide support via phone.
We want all customers to benefit from the answers and examples and not just you
3. Also, how can I share private/confidential information? Please let me know. I also attached the sample files i am using.
We do not want to receive any confidential information.
Mike

• Page:

We have 244 guests and no members online