Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Temporary Key has expired - issue

Temporary Key has expired - issue 5 months 2 weeks ago #18926

Hi,

I have purchased and applied the licence keys to my servers. There has been no problems with licensing until now,

Yesterday, when i open ETL designer, i get "Your temporary key has expired. If you believe this message is in error. Please contact the program author."
So we applied the license key again and it said " key has been stored or saved" something to that effect and the ETL software works again
Now, today, the same exact server stops working again and complains about the same licensing issue. SO we had to do the licensing again.
Please explain why the ETL suddenly cannot find the license key. It has happened two days in a row for the same server

Please explain how to permanently fix this, this is a PRODUCTION server and we can't have this happening cuz our processing for a PAID contract is affected.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Temporary Key has expired - issue 5 months 2 weeks ago #18927

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
  • Thank you received: 415
The key must be installed as an administrator.
Right click run as administrator.

The key is stored in the registry so if there is a registry corruption saving might fail.
Mike

Temporary Key has expired - issue 5 months 1 week ago #18948

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
Is this issue resolved now?
Mike

Temporary Key has expired - issue 5 months 1 week ago #18949

The problem has not been resolved, of course the non-licensed copy has no problem, but when i put back the old copy it gets licensed and works for 2 days and then fails again. i confirmed that the MAC address of the network card does not change as well as the Virtual machine did not transition between hosts.

Can you add code to the debugging version that logs what its trying to find in the registry and when it cannot find it , write out a verbose log to disk, this way i can apply the license, then leave it to run until it fails.

Temporary Key has expired - issue 5 months 1 week ago #18953

Can you add code to the debugging version that logs what its trying to find in the registry and when it cannot find it , write out a verbose log to disk, this way i can apply the license, then leave it to run until it fails.

Unfortunately, the software we are using now does not provide this functionality. The only solution to the problem you are having is finding a different software protection mechanism and implement it.

This is what we are doing now.

It will affect all existing customers and products.
We would email new licence keys to everyone.
We would also create the new license key generator and provide it to shareit.com.

Temporary Key has expired - issue 4 months 3 weeks ago #18967

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
Hi.

Just letting you know that we have nearly completed DRM work.
The new key generator was sent to shareit.
Once it is published we will start releasing software one by one.

Mike
Attachments:

• Page:

We have 203 guests and no members online