Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Reader Defaults to 100 Records to Show for Excel Files 1 year 7 months ago #18861

• cchavez
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am trying to read in an Excel file with more than 100 rows. If I go to the Records to Show in the reader Function I can set it to more than 100 records. When I save the file and I go back in it only shows 100 records? Is this set somewhere other than the properties for the reader.

The Data Reading Restrictions function is set to Read every file and to Read all data. Is this a bug in the software? If I keep it at 100 it only processes 100 records.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reader Defaults to 100 Records to Show for Excel Files 1 year 7 months ago #18862

• admin
  • Deeds not Words
  • Thank you received: 475
Hello.

When a transformation is opened it shows 100 records or less in the source grid (reader grid)
It is been like this since the software was created.
It is possible to temporary increase this number if necessary.
Records to show and records to load are two completely different things. (The Data Reading Restrictions function is set to Read every file and to Read all data)
I am really struggling to understand what is the issue here.
Perhaps I am missing something
Mike

Reader Defaults to 100 Records to Show for Excel Files 1 year 7 months ago #18863

• cchavez
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
The issue is the final text file from the writer only wrote 100 records when Read all data was set in the Data Reader properties.

Net, net we only had 100 records in the final file which should have been 506. I went back to the records to show to see all 506 and then Run and I got all 506 records in my text file. I didn't think there was a correlation between records to show vs records to read. Now that I have saved the file it will export the 506.

I was expecting the final file to have all the records not just the records that were in the records to show.

Reader Defaults to 100 Records to Show for Excel Files 1 year 7 months ago #18864

So is it working now or not?
We are really confused here
Peter Jonson
Support Analist

Reader Defaults to 100 Records to Show for Excel Files 1 year 7 months ago #18865

• cchavez
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
It is working right now. I had to change the Records to Show to 505 and then I hit Run and it processed 505 records. If I open the file now it defaults to 100 but it still processes 505 records.

The initial issue was it only processed 100 records for my fixed width text file even though it was setup to read all records.

We are trying to confirm we should not have to adjust the Records to Show in order to process more than 100 records. It changes our process if by default it only processes 100 records. This is reading in an Excel file and then out to a fixed width text file. Just seemed weird to have to go through that process to get the total records processed.

I have the software set to auto update so it updated today in parallel.

Reader Defaults to 100 Records to Show for Excel Files 1 year 7 months ago #18866

Thanks for the update.
We had one customer with similar issues.
The file he selected was in different directory so he was getting different results when he run transformation from the package and from the transformation designer.
Peter Jonson
Support Analist

• Page:

We have 160 guests and 2 members online