Below is an example of a complex data transformation we have done for one of our customers
The desired result of the transformation
The hurdle with this report is the floating rows. Each material number may or may not have the same number of rows of information. Also, the required information is on different lines - for example, Min/Max stock level has 2 values on different rows on the input file and we need it to Transpose on the output into 2 columns on the same row. Consumption is the same way.
It is rather a complicated example and it gives a very good demonstration of software abilities
- Data flows from the left to the right
- Data reader reads the data
- it ignores the number of header columns since we do not need them
- Data Validator removes empty lines
- Data Transformer 1 extracts the columns we need
- Data transformer 2 helps us to calculate values distributed in several rows.
We use a combination of the Sequence number +calculation function
The sequence number is reset back to 1 when the product number changes,
so when sequence number =1 then we have min value when 2 max value etc
- Next, we use data grouper to get the last line from the group and
- last data transformer for the actual mapping